Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Dental Appointment

At one year old they are supposed to start going for dental appointments so I decided that I would take her since I had gotten a recommendation for a great pediatric dentist. I also figured that since Makenna already had seven teeth that I should make sure that they are doing well. The dental appointment at this age is more of getting them used to coming to the dentist than anything else, but that's great. The dentist looked at her teeth and then went over all of the tooth growth patterns, brushing, and oral hygiene information for a toddler. Makenna did well and we will be going back in 6-months for another check-up. I had to get a picture of Makenna sitting in the dentist chair, although this is a little misleading as when she was getting checked up I was sitting in the chair and she was sitting on my lap. But doesn't she look so grown up sitting there by herself.

The dentist gave her a toothbrush that she loves to carry around and imitate me brushing my teeth. She also gave us a finger toothbrush...I love this thing! I was always trying to shove a toddler toothbrush in her mouth and although she did pretty well with it she still would fuss some days and I am sure we weren't brushing so well, but with this finger tooth brush she laughs and giggles and lets me brush her teeth for a lot longer...although I am still waiting until she bites down on my finger.