Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oliver at the Redlands Bowl

We have an amazing opportunity in our area to go to the Redlands Bowl during the summer.  It is an all outdoor bowl and they put on wonderful performances all summer long for free.  Ever since we moved to Yucaipa, we have wanted to attend at least one of the performances, but we never had until now.  We finally decided on Saturday, July 28th that we really wanted to go to the performance of "Oliver".  My mom and Jim have been to the Bowl a lot and so it was nice to get to go for the first time with them.  Well, technically I guess I used to go when I was little but I don't remember it.  So it is like I am going for the first time:-)

Since our anniversary (8 years!!) had just passed on Tuesday, earlier that evening we got the opportunity to go out to lunch/dinner just the two of us without kids while my mom and Jim watched the kids for us.  It was wonderful!  After lunch/dinner we went back to my mom and Jim's house to follow them over to the Redlands Bowl.  It was easy to find and parking was better then we had anticipated.

When we got there we set up our blanket and our chairs and the three of them ate dinner.

Makenna then ran around and played with daddy, papa (Jim), and made some new friends.


Kyler hung out at our seats with all of us.


Makenna liked the play, but we did find it a little hard for her to see just because of the people in front of us.  We ended up leaving at intermission because it was already 9:30, way past Makenna and Kyler's bedtime (And who are we kidding...way past Toby and my bedtime too:-)  We will definitely go back another time, hopefully at least once more this summer and enjoy the beautiful music and atmosphere of the Redlands Bowl.