Monday, April 8, 2013

Mini Golf

At the end of January we decided that Makenna is getting older now and with a weekend free we decided it would be fun to take her miniature golfing.  When we set out we had anticipated that we would go close by, but after driving past (without noticing) the one we had planned on going to we ended up in Riverside at the Castle Park mini golf course.

Daddy showed Makenna how to hit the ball with the club.

But she ended up preferring the "granny shot" golfing technique instead.

It was pretty hilarious to watch!!  She totally didn't get the whole idea of miniature golfing:-)  Then any time the balls got close to the hole at the end she would say "Let me teach you."  Which basically meant, I am going to hit the ball in the hole for you.  Thankfully we didn't bother keeping score.

Kyler "helped" me golf too.  Or, rather he gave me a handicap...not that I needed one...I am quite mini golf challenged enough on my own:-)

I think we will wait a little while longer before we attempt to go miniature golfing again with the kids.  But it sure was a fun and funny experience!!  We all laughed a lot:-)