Monday, September 20, 2010

Los Angeles County Fair

We love going to the LA County Fair. It has been a tradition of mine for a long time. My sisters and I used to enter table settings, collections, and photographs into the fair when we were younger. We don't do that anymore but I still love going to sightsee. We went with my mom and Jim and met Toby's mom, sisters (Renee and Beth), and brother-in-law (Jason) at the fair.

This year we got to bring Makenna and I was particularly excited to take her into the petting zoo because I thought that she would like that animals actually come up to her instead of running the opposite direction, as is typical of any animal that knows Makenna and still wants their fur. It was one of those moments that I really wish that I could know what she was thinking. All of the sheep and goats were coming up to her, she got licked, sniffed, and her clothes got chewed on a bit by one hungry goat. She would pet the animals a little and preferred the soft wool of the sheep to the rough fur of the goat. She was not incredibly sure that she liked it and a few minutes after we got in we quickly left because she had had enough of the animals. I think she was getting mad because she is teething and I wouldn't let her put her hands in her mouth while we were petting the animals. I think she prefers the animals from a distance.



We love that it is the one time of year that you can get deep fried anything and not feel bad about it. We always get the blooming onion, mmm...so good. We have never been adventurous enough to get a deep fried twinkie, snickers bar or butter though. Usually we leave with our stomachs happy from tasting such yummy food but upset from all of the grease but this time we were a little smarter and shared the food with others so we didn't feel awful later. Another reason I love going to the fair is that we always seem to run in to people that we know and haven't seen in a while. It was great catching up and showing off Makenna. All in all a great day!