Friday, April 1, 2011

Farm Friends

I was so happy when we had an excuse to head out to Torrance to visit our friends and attend their youngest son's first birthday party. The theme was on the farm. This was one of the best first birthday parties that I have ever been to. They had live animals! Makenna got to go into the petting area where all of the animals were very friendly.
They even had some goats that were just a few days old; they were adorable.
Makenna was not sure that she really wanted to walk on the hay and so any time that I tried to put her down she would just pull her feet up and hang on to me for dear life. I don't know why she has a fear of hay; oh well. She enjoyed petting the sheep the most and wasn't so sure that she liked petting the pig.

After being in the petting zoo for a while, it was Makenna's turn to ride on the pony. This was the first time that she had ever done this so I was a bit nervous as to how she would react. She reacted at first much as I expected; she wanted down and wasn't sure what to make of sitting that high up on an animal.
Toby gave her my little camera bag though and that calmed her down enough to sit patiently and wait for the pony to begin moving. Once the pony started moving she had a great time.

We were so glad that we got to go out to Torrance and see our friends and their two sweet little boys. We had a great time!