Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome Kyler

After having some family and friends over for game night at our house until 10 pm on Saturday, June 2nd, I had had enough of the pain of what I thought was false labor.  I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before because of contractions, but nothing was regular enough to think I was in real labor. We finally decided to go in and get it checked out because I was in pain by this point and the contractions seemed to be coming about 6-minutes apart give or take a minute.  We called up my mom and Jim to watch Makenna, who was sleeping, and packed our stuff in the car.

We arrived at the hospital at 11:10pm, filled out their insane amount of paperwork, an then waited...And Waited...AND WAITED.  For 40-minutes my water broke and I was painfully and not so quietly laboring in the wheelchair in the hallway of the labor and delivery area waiting for a room to be cleaned.  When we finally made it to a room, they went about their usual routine of things to check off the list before you are officially admitted.  I was in too much pain to do much else then change into the gown and climb into the bed.  The nurse finally decided to check me, by now my contractions were so close together with little break between.  She informed us that I was fully dilated and that is when there were a flurry of nurses and hospital staff all getting everything prepared as quickly as they could.  My OB/GYN was not on call that weekend, but luckily the other one from her office was able to make it there in 4-minutes, just in time for me to start pushing.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get an epidural at that point so he came all naturally.

Kyler was born at 12:27am on June 3rd.  He weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 18 inches long.  Even though the birth was crazy, he is such a calm and content little boy.  He hardly cries and is very happy sleeping and eating.




Makenna got to come and visit us in the hospital and was so excited to get to hold "her baby" and to wear her "Big Sister" shirt (which was conveniently bought and washed just the day before).  She wouldn't give him up when grandma asked to hold him until we bribed her with the use of the iPad.  We said that we need to find a shirt that says "Will trade baby brother for iPad":-)  She is such a sweet big sister and always wants to help us, pet, kiss, hug, and comfort Kyler.



We are truly blessed to be the parents of these two wonderful children!