Monday, January 23, 2012

Rose Parade

When my sisters and I were younger we had a family tradition of going to the Rose Parade in Pasadena every year. We have never been crazy dedicated enough to sleep down there over night, but we always got up early in the morning to go down and get a spot to watch the parade. It has been years since I have been down to the parade, but have been wanting to go back for a while. With Makenna being 2 years old now, I was confident enough that she would enjoy it and have fun. My mom, Jim, Rebecca, Makenna, and I drove down to Pasadena in the early morning. This year it was extremely nice weather, we found a decent enough spot to park our folding chairs,
and it made it even better that it was on January 2nd this year instead of the 1st. So, we had a day in between to re-cooperate from the late night on New Years Eve (who are we kidding...Toby and I went to bed at the same time Makenna did 10pm on New Years Eve...Makenna had time to re-cooperate). Makenna had so much fun at the parade!! She really enjoyed watching the flag twirlers, wearing auntie's glasses,
listening to the bands, seeing the horses, eating peanut butter,
and liked most of the floats. Her favorite float was the piggy one
and the circus one.
And the one she hated was the wagon turned into a ship that let off cannons which completely scared her.
I can't wait until we get to go back again!!