Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving is always a fun and busy time of year for us with all of the festivities and Makenna’s birthday party approaching. Makenna was lucky this year to have her birthday on the day of Thanksgiving. She didn’t really know the difference or really care, but I thought it was neat, like a huge party just for her with all of her family. We get to celebrate Thanksgiving with both families every Thanksgiving, which is such a blessing that we live close enough to be able to do that. We spent the morning/afternoon with Toby’s family up at his brother’s house in the High Desert and the late afternoon/evening with my family at my mom’s house in Yucaipa. We had such good food at both places, but over the years have learned to just take a little of everything and not overstuff ourselves because otherwise we regret it later. I mean most people don’t have to think about eating two full turkey dinners with dessert included, but we are lucky to get to eat a little of everything at both houses. And we certainly had wonderful meals.

At Toby’s brother’s house all of the cousins had fun playing together,

and the adults had fun cooking, talking, and everyone had fun eating.

It was also my first time making pies and although I am known for being able to screw up almost any type of baking/cooking item even with a recipe, these pies turned out surprisingly well.


At my mom’s house we enjoyed our eating, talking, and relaxing while my sisters and mom took care of watching Makenna:-)




So much fun, family, and food!!!