Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mommy & Me Classes

Ever since Makenna turned one year old I have wanted to sign up for the Mommy & Me class at our community center (Do remember that Makenna is coming up on 2 ½ years old soon:-). Well, with the new baby on the way it gave me the push that I needed to actually make it a reality. Naturally, I did wait until the very last class that I could though before our baby boy is born:-) The class began the first week in March and ends the last week in April. The class is only an hour long, one day a week but it gives Makenna and I a chance to have some fun together in a different setting. She looks forward to her “dance class with mommy” each week. The class mostly consists of allowing the kids to run around and play on various equipment, a short warm-up, and one new learning skill each week. Makenna loves jumping on the trampoline, going through the tunnel,

going up and down the stairs, riding on the "horse",

running as fast as she can across the mat, sliding down the wedge all kinds of ways,

and walking on the balance beam.
(The tongue sticking out gives extra balance; try it sometime:-)

We are having a lot of fun and I am so glad that I got the chance to have this special time with just Makenna before the baby is born.