Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Favorite Gardens

I had been lucky enough in March to sign on to the Huntington Library website and get 5 tickets to the free day in April. Since it was a weekday and Toby was working, I was excited that my grandparents could join us for the day. I was watching Wyatt, so we got the chance to share our favorite gardens with him too. Even though it was a long car ride, the kids did awesome as long as I kept the crackers coming:-)

When we were let in, we headed straight for the conservatory to take a look at all the tropical plants.
The kids had a lot of fun watching the fish that were swimming in the pond tank. I love that the two of them are such good friends:-)
Then we decided that it was time to head out to the children's garden. The kids had fun playing in the water fountains, going through the tunnels, and playing in the other sections of the children's garden.

Next, we walked through the Chinese gardens and then over to the large grass area to let the kids eat their lunch and run, run, run to tire them out for the long car-ride home. It worked...they both slept all the way home:-)

We had a marvelous day!